IOF continued to fire at Palestinian farmers and workers in border areas of the Gaza Strip.
Thursday, 18 March 2010
At approximately 11:30, Israeli troops stationed at the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel, to the east of 'Abassan village, east of Khan Yunis, opened fire at a peaceful demonstration organized by Palestinian civilians in protest to the establishment of a security fence and 'buffer zone' along the border. No casualties were reported.
Friday, 19 March 2010
At approximately 01:25, Israeli F-16 fighter jets dropped a bomb on a farm in the east of ‘Abasan village, east of Khan Yunis. No casualties or material damage were reported. The Israeli radio claimed that the Israeli Air Force had targeted a tunnel established for infiltration into Israel.
At approximately 22:20, Israeli warplanes fired four missiles at Gaza International Airport, southeast of Rafah. Thirteen Palestinian civilians, including two children, were wounded as a result. The wounded civilians, who are all residents of Rafah, were collecting raw aggregate from the destroyed runway of the Airport. They are:
1. Hazem Salman Abu Sitta, 24, seriously wounded by shrapnel to the chest and the back;
2. Mohammed Ahmed al-'Assar, 18, seriously wounded by shrapnel to the right elbow;
3. Mo'men Ahmed al-Debari, 15, seriously wounded by shrapnel to the right hand;
4. 'Areef Tarrash Rabee', 41, seriously wounded by shrapnel to the head;
5. 'Abdul Rahman Mohammed Abu Shalhoub, 22, seriously wounded by shrapnel to the head;
6. Mohammed 'Aatef Abu Hussein, 20, seriously wounded by shrapnel to the head;
7. 'Alaa' 'Areef Rabee', 20, wounded by shrapnel to the right forearm;
8. Na'el Riad Abu Tailakh, 20, wounded by shrapnel to the pelvis;
9. Suleiman Nabeel Mansour, 18, shocked;
10. Mohammed Hammad Abu Leila, 20, shocked;
11. Hussam Suleiman Abu Sitta, 23, sustained a fracture to the right elbow;
12. Mahmoud Mohammed Abu Shalhoub, 20, sustained a fracture to the right leg; and
13. 'Abdullah Hammad Hussein, 24, sustained bruises to the right elbow and knee.
Saturday, 20 March 2010
At approximately 14:30, an Israeli infantry unit moved nearly
900 meters into the northern Gaza Strip. Israeli troops chased a number of Palestinian workers who were collecting bricks and aggregate from the debris of the destroyed industrial zone. A number of workers were able to flee, but Israeli troops arrested 17 others, including 4 children, and confiscated 4 animal carts. At approximately 02:00 on the following day, IOF released 15 detainees, but kept the other two in custody: Mohammed Sayed al-Basyouni, 22; and 'Ali Jamal Kharawat, 23.
Monday, 22 March 2010
At approximately 01:30, an Israeli warplane fired a missile at al-Shouka village near Rafah International Crossing Point on the Egyptian border, south of Rafah, allegedly to destroy a tunnel. The targeted tunnel was set on fire as a result, but no casualties were reported.
At approximately 10:00, Israeli troops stationed on observation towers at the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel opened fire at a number of Palestinian workers who were collecting bricks from the rubble of destroyed buildings in the industrial zone in the northern Gaza Strip. The workers escaped and no casualties were reported.
At approximately 20:30, Israeli troops stationed at the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel to the east of Deir al-Balah in the central Gaza Strip opened fire at Palestinian lands near the border. As a result, Suleiman Mahmoud Braim, 34, was wounded by shrapnel to the ear, when he was near his house approximately 500 from the border.
At approximately 23:50, an Israeli warplane fired a missile at an area belonging to Ussama Zimmu in al-Sha'af neighborhood in the east of Gaza City. A number of nearby houses were damaged and 8 Palestinian civilians, including two children and a woman, were lightly injured by glass shards:
1. Khawla Jihad al-Kahlout, 28;
2. Alaa' Sa'ed Kareem, 16;
3. Ruba Sa'ed Kareem, 12;
4. Yasser Na'im Hijazi, 25;
5. 'Abed Anees Marzouq, 62;
6. Akram al-Fayoumi, 21;
7. Nahidh Khalil Abu 'Amsha, 45; and
8. Mohammed Nahidh Abu 'Amsha, 19.
Tuesday, 23 March 2010
At approximately 09:30, IOF moved approximately
100 meters into the industrial zone to the southwest of Beit Hanoun (Erez) crossing in the northern Gaza Strip. They leveled areas of land that they had previously razed.
Wednesday, 24 March 2010
At approximately 07:00, an Israeli infantry unit moved nearly
800 meters into the northern Gaza Strip. Israeli troops chased a number of Palestinian workers who were collecting raw construction materials, and arrested 5 of them, including: Mahmoud Mohammed Ma'rouf, 17; Shadi 'Ammar Ma'rouf, 17; and Mustafa Ghanem, 43.