Thursday, February 2, 2012

PCHR weekly report 26/1 - 1/2/2012: 1 Palestinian birdhunter injured, 1 house damaged, 1 Palestinian civilian and 1 policeman abducted

extract from PCHR weekly report 26/1 - 1/2/2012

A Palestinian civilian was wounded by IOF in Gaza City.
IOF partially damaged a Palestinian house in Gaza City.

IOF arrested two Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

Thursday, 26 January 2012

At approximately 09:15, IOF stationed at the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel to the east of Khan Yunis in the south of the Gaza Strip, opened fire at farms and residential neighborhoods in the east of Abasan village, east of Khan Yunis.  Palestinian farmers were forced to flee their farms.  IOF continued the sporadic firing for approximately one hour.  Neither casualties nor damages to property were reported.

Friday, 27 January 2012

At approximately 21:00, IOF positioned at the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel to in the east of al-Shujaiya neighborhood in the east of Gaza City fired two artillery shells at Palestinian houses.  One of the shells landed on a house belonging to Abdul Ra'ouf Hamed Mardi Hajjaj, 27.  The two-storey house which measures 180 square meters is located in al-Mansoura Street in al-Shujaiya neighborhood.  The shell opened a hole in the sealing of the kitchen in Hajjaj's house and caused slight damage to the contents of the house.  The other shell landed in a farm belonging to Hamed Mardi Hajjaj, 74. The farm which measures 700 square meters is adjacent to the house which was hit by the first shell.

It should be noted that the Palestinian police and explosive experts arrived at Hajjaj's house and opened investigations.  They took the shell from Hajjaj's house and told the Hajjaj family that the shell was fired by IOF.  

 Sunday, 29 January 2012 

At approximately 20:30, IOF, backed by military vehicles and apaches, moved into Gaza International Airport in the far southeast of Rafah in the south of the Gaza Strip amid indiscriminate firing.  IOF arrested Hajjaj Yousif Ehmeid al-Soufi, 21, who is a university student and Ahmed Hussein Awad Abu Athra, 20, who is a member of the Palestinian National Security Service.  Al-Soufi and Abu Athra are from al-Shouka village in the east of Rafah.

The family of al-Soufi reported that on Monday morning, 30 January 2012, they received a phone call from someone who introduced himself as a member of the Israeli Intelligence Service and who told them that IOF arrested al-Soufi and his friend Abu Athra and transferred them to Ashkelon Prison in Israel. According to the family of al-Soufi, the two men were walking to a house of a friend of theirs when they were arrested.
Tuesday, 31 January 2012

At approximately 11:00, IOF stationed at the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel to the east of Shujaiya neighborhood, east of Gaza, opened fire at Munther Rashad Saleh al-Nakhala, 44. Al-Nakhalla sustained wounds by a bullet to the left foot as a result.  He was hunting birds with friends with his near the building of the Energy Authroity.  He was nearly 500 meters from the fence.  Eyewitnesses reported that IOF fired three bullets at bird hunters. 

Wednesday, 01 February 2012 

At approximately 22:30, IOF stationed at the border in the northeast of Beit Hanoun in the north of the Gaza Strip fired two artillery shells.  The shells landed on a land in the northeast of Beit Hanoun.

At approximately 22:40, IOF apaches opened intensive fire for 10 minutes at the northeast of Beit Hanoun.  Children and women in the area were in panic as a result.  No casualties were reported.