Monday, July 20, 2009

Two Palestinians wounded in IOF shelling, a third injured and kidnapped

[ 20/07/2009 - 09:17 AM ]

GAZA, (PIC)-- Two Palestinian civilians were wounded at a late hour on Sunday after Israeli occupation forces (IOF) opened artillery fire at eastern Gaza city, local sources said.

They told PIC reporter that the IOF soldiers fired a number of shells at Shujaiah suburb wounding the two and damaging a number of houses.

IOF command said that Palestinian resistance fighters retaliated to the shelling and fired an anti-armored projectile at an IOF vehicle.

An exchange of fire ensued near Nahal Oz, east of Shujaiah, the command added.

Meanwhile a third unarmed Palestinian was shot at while trying to infiltrate the security fence north of the Gaza Strip, the IOF command said.

It added that soldiers fired at the man when he refused to stop wounding him in the leg and then took him to Barzilai Medical Center in Ashkelon for treatment.

It added that investigation proved that the man was unarmed and that he was trying to infiltrate the security fence but with no intention of launching attacks.
Meanwhile, IOF troops rounded up seven Palestinians in the West Bank districts of Bethlehem and Jericho at dawn Monday.

3 Palestinians wounded in clashes with the Israeli army east of Gaza

Gaza, July 19, 2009, (Ramattan)- At least three Palestinians were wounded on Sunday night in clashes with Israeli troops east of Gaza city, medics and witnesses said.

Moawiya Hassanin, director of emergency at PA Ministry of Health, told Ramattan that two Palestinians were wounded when Israeli artillery shot two shells at the neighborhood of Al-Shijaiya, east of Gaza.

He added that the Israeli side "officially" informed the Palestinians that a teenager was wounded and detained by Israelis soldiers. The teenager is unconscious and carried to an Israeli hospital.

Witnesses said that they saw Palestinian militants heading to the borderline area east of Gaza before clashes.

They added that they heard clashes and the Israelis shot two shells in the area.

The office of the Israeli army told Ramattan that an Israeli patrol came under fire from Palestinians militants and the Israeli soldiers retaliated to the source of the fire.

The Israeli army added that none of the Israeli soldiers were wounded.