Thursday, September 8, 2011

PCHR report 25/8 - 7/9/2011:

extracts from PCHR report 25/8 - 7/9/2011:

Thursday, 25 August 2011

At approximately 00:05, Israeli warplanes launched a missile on al-Salama Sports Club near Beit Lahia project's market in the northern Gaza Strip. The attack resulted in the full destruction of the 3-storey building; the first floor includes a gym, the second floor includes the administration offices and a multi-use hall, while the third one includes a football and volleyball field established on a 1,000-square-meter area. Additionally, two Palestinian civilians were killed due to the attack, as they were in the garden of an adjacent house belonging to Abdul Rahman Mohammed al-Masri in the northwestern side of the club. The victims are: Salama Abdul Rahman al-Masri, 18, the son of the house's owner, who died immediately; and Alaa 'Adnan Mohammed al-Jakhbeer, 22, from Jabalya, who was accompanying al-Masri. Al-Jakhbeer suffered from a hemorrhage in the pelvis because of shrapnel and was transferred to the hospital, but he died two hours later. Additionally, 25 Palestinian civilians, including 11 children and 7 women, sustained wounds and bruises due to the falling of smashed glass and stones at them.  Moreover, extensive damages were caused to al-Huda Children Complex in Beit Lahia to the north of the club.  The Complex established on an area of 1600 square meters consists of a kindergarten and a primary school.  Dozens of houses surrounding the Club, 3 stores and 3 vehicles were damaged.

Monday, 29August 2011

At approximately 09:00, Palestinian medical sources declared that Haitham Ahmed Mustafa Ma’rouf, 13, from al-Amal neighborhood in the northern Gaza Strip town of Beit Lahia, died of a wound he had sustained on 21 August 2011. According to PCHR’s documentation, at approximately 10:50 on Sunday, 21 August 2011, an Israeli drone attacked a number of Palestinian resistance activists after they had launched a home-made rockets into Israeli towns near al-Shaimaa’ School in the north of Beit Lahia. As a result, the child, who was working on his father’s land in the area, was seriously wounded by shrapnel throughout the body. He was evacuated to Kamal ‘Edwan Hospital in Beit Lahia, and from there he was transferred to Shifa Hospital in Gaza City, where he was admitted into the ICU. At approximately 20:30 on Wednesday, 24 August 2011, he was transferred to an Israeli hospital where he underwent several surgeries. Nevertheless, he died of his wound at approximately 09:00 on Monday, 29 August 2011. His body was transferred to the Gaza Strip at approximately 17:00 on the same day. 

Tuesday, 06 September 2011

At approximately 16:00, IOF moved nearly 300 meters into al-Zanna area in Bani Suhaila and ‘Abassan village, east of Khan Yunis. They searched the area, while helicopters were hovering over it. At approximately 18:30, an Israeli drone fired a missile at a number of Palestinian resistance activists in Mazen Market area, who attempted to confront IOF. As a result, one of the activists, Khaled Ussama Ibrahim Abu Sahmoud, 21, from Bani Suhaila, was instantly killed by shrapnel throughout the body. Additionally, 3 civilian bystanders (an old man and his two children) were wounded:

1- As’ad ‘Abdul Karim al-Shami, 65, wounded by shrapnel to the back and the abdomen;
2- ‘Omat As’ad al-Shami, 10, wounded by shrapnel to the right arm; and
3- Ahmed As’ad al-Shami, 9, wounded by shrapnel to the face.

IOF withdrew from the area at approximately 19:30.