Thursday, 25 March 2010
At approximately 08:00, Israeli troops stationed at Sofa crossing, southeast of Khan Yunis, fired at a number of Palestinian civilians who were collecting aggregate, approximately 150 meters from the crossing. As a result, Naji Suleiman Abu Raida, 34, was wounded by a gunshot to the right thigh.
At approximately 13:30, Israeli troops stationed on observation towers at Beit Hanoun (Erez) crossing in the northern Gaza Strip fired at Sa'id 'Abdul 'Aziz Hamdan, 15, from Beit Hanoun, when approached an area 100 meters from the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel. He was wounded by a gunshot to the left foot. According to the child, he had gone to the area to look for his brothers who were collecting construction aggregate from the debris of destroyed buildings. After he was wounded, he managed to approach a number of workers located approximately 100 meters from him. They evacuated him to a hospital in Beit Lahia on an animal cart.
Friday, 26 March 2010
At approximately 14:30, an IOF infantry unit moved approximately 500 meters intro 'Abassan village, east of Khan Yunis city, in the southern Gaza Strip. A number of activists of the Palestinian resistance clashed with Israeli troops. Later, Israeli tanks, supported by warplanes, moved into the area. They opened fire at houses and agricultural areas as a number of civilians and journalists gathered in the area to observe the events. At approximately 16:45, IOF moved back to the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel, but continued to fire at the area. At approximately 17:00, as there were reports that a number of people were wounded in the area, Haitham 'Abdul Hakim 'Aaref 'Arafat, 21, and 3 of his friends come to the area to search for wounded people, who they thought might include his brother, 20-year-old Suliman. Soon, Israeli troops fired at them, wounding 'Arafat and 18-year-old 'Abed Rabbu 'Abdullah Abu 'Anza. The latter was wounded by a gunshot to the shoulder and was able to leave the area. 'Arafat remained in the area, bleeding. A number of people attempted to reach him to evacuate him to the hospital, but Israeli troops fired at them. As a result, Fadi Mohammed Abu Hajras, 20, was wounded by a gunshot to the foot. Later, residents were able to evacuate 'Arafat to the hospital. He was seriously wounded by shrapnel. Medical efforts to save his life failed and he was pronounced dead at approximately 22:00. As a result of the indiscriminate Israeli gunfire and shelling, an additional 4 Palestinian civilians were wounded:
1. Nassim Jawad Abu Daqqa, 13, seriously wounded by a gunshot to the back, which damaged the spinal column and the spleen, when he was near his house;
2. Ra'ed Mohammed Abu Tu'aima, 35, lightly wounded by shrapnel to the head and the limbs when he was near his house;
3. Hassam Mohammed Abu Raida, 21, wounded by a gunshot to the shoulder; and
4. Bassam Burhom al-Daghma, 22, lightly wounded by shrapnel.
At approximately 21:30, IOF moved into the area again. This incursion continued until the early morning of the following day, during which time IOF demolished a house and razed 31 donums of agricultural land:
1. IOF demolished a 330-square-meter, two-storey uninhabited house belonging to Hashem Ibrahim al-Daghma;
2. They demolished an egging facility belonging to Majed Abu Samra;
3. They razed a 13-donum area of agricultural land planted with vegetables and wheat belonging to Salem 'Atiya Abu Daqqa;
4. They razed a one-donum area of agricultural land planted with parsleys belonging to Ibrahim Salman Qudaih;
5. They razed a 15-donum area of agricultural land planted with vegetables and wheat belonging to Nidal Isma'il Abu Daqqa; and
6. They demolished a two-donum area of agricultural land planted with vegetables belonging to 'Obaida Mohammed Qaudaih.
At approximately 18:00 on Sunday, 28 March 2010, medical crews found the body of Suleiman 'Abdul Hakim 'Arafat, 20, a member of the al-Quds Brigades (the armed wing of Islamic Jihad), after IOF allowed them to enter the area where armed clashes had taken place on Friday. Suleiman was the brother of Haitham 'Arafat, who was killed by IOF while searching for Suleiman.
Sunday, 28 March 2010
At approximately 08:00, IOF moved approximately 600 meters into 'Abassan village, east of Khan Yunis. They leveled area of Palestinian land, which they had previously razed. They withdrew from the area at approximately 14:00.
Monday, 29 March 2010
At approximately 10:30, IOF moved approximately 400 meters into the east of al-Qarara village, northeast of Khan Yunis. They leveled areas of land, which they had already razed.
Tuesday, 30 March 2010
At approximately 11:30, Israeli troops stationed at the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel, to the east of al-Maghazi refugee camp, opened fire at a peaceful demonstration organized by the Public Committee against the Security Fence established by IOF along the border, when a number of young men got as close as two meters to the border. As a result, Mohammed Hani al-Atayi, 21, from Deir al-Balah, was wounded by a gunshot to the right leg.
At approximately 12:00, Israeli troops stationed at the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel, east of Khan Yunis, fired at hundreds of Palestinian civilians who were participating in a peaceful demonstration near the border. As a result, 3 civilians, including a child, were wounded:
1. Jom'a Ramadan al-Najjar, 22, wounded by a gunshot to the head;
2. Walaa' Farid al-Najjar, 19, wounded by a gunshot to the left thigh; and3. Hani Riad al-Najjar, 17, wounded by a gunshot to the left leg and shrapnel to the right leg.
Wednesday, 31 March 2010
· At approximately 08:45, Israeli troops stationed on observation towers at Beit Hanoun (Erez) crossing in the northern Gaza Strip opened fire at a number of Palestinian workers who were collecting bricks and iron bars from destroyed buildings in the industrial zone, south of the crossing. The workers fled and no casualties were reported.
· At approximately 09:30, IOF moved approximately 300 meters into the east of al-Qarara village, northeast of Khan Yunis. They leveled areas of Palestinian land, which they had already razed. They withdrew from the area at approximately 13:00.